Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not too much new with the Rich crew.....

Well, there has not been anything to exciting going on around here, that is why we have been slacking off on our blog. Of course you will read and see the cute new things that Jacob has been doing below, but Brad and I have been wanting to share a little bit about ourselves in our family blog so I thought I would just type a little something up right now.
Brad is still keeping very busy at work. He is a Personal Loan Consultant for Countrywide/Bank of America and he always has things to do and phone calls coming in. He does not even have time to call me most days and that can be kind of hard when he is working till 9. When he works till 9 I usually don't expect him home until at least 9:30 and so that makes for some pretty long days. I usually let Jacob stay up on those nights so that they can see each other for at least a little while before he goes to bed. Luckily Brads schedule does not always keep him there until nine. It goes back and forth from week to week. He works until 7pm one week and then 9pm the next week. Something good that makes up for this are the 3 day weekends that he has every other week. He also never has to work past 7pm on Fridays and when he works Saturday, he gets off by 5pm.
Brad has told me on several occasions that he really loves his job. He feels like he is really helping people and it makes him feel really good. He works with the bank's current customers and reviews their mortgage loans to see if he can improve their financial situation. He just finished his 4 month training process last month and so this is his first month on his own. Brad is doing a great job so far and he has only just begun.
As for me, I have been keeping really busy with my new church calling as a counselor in the RS Presidency. I feel so blessed to have a calling in the RS presidency again. I love having reasons and excuses to meet with the sisters in the ward and its really fun to plan the upcoming activities. Right now we are planning a Get To Know You Night for the RS because we are a new ward and a lot of the women feel like the don't know anyone. This will be the first week in November and then in the following month of December we will have our big RS Christmas dinner. We are not sure just yet what we will be doing besides dinner. But we only care about the food, right? With Brads crazy schedule I usually have to take Jacob to all my meetings and activities but luckily he is never a problem.
I have also been very busy trying to get all of Jacobs therapies set up. It is important that Jacob has an Occupational Therapist who will help him with his eating and drinking issues, as well as a Speech and Physical Therapists. So far I have three therapists, one of each, visiting for just next week a lone. It has taken months to make this finally happen. I don't know what it is but the Early Education Program here in Chandler is not as on top of things as the one we had in Utah. I was finally able to get set up with a government program called Division of Developmental Disabilities, where I actually have my own personal coordinator named Dorothy who helps me get all our appointments and therapies set up. This has helped a lot.
Jacob is doing really well as you can see from all our pictures. He is still unable to drink, although we have not been able to have an actual swallow study done for several months now, but it is still apparent that he is not handling any liquids the right way. He is a very happy little boy anyways and he is doing new things every day. Right now he loves to dance, especially when I'm watching Dancing with the Stars. He loves to watch them and then copy what they do. And he also loves Barney. When ever the " I Love You, You Love Me" song comes on he comes and stands by me and gives me a hug and a kiss. It is the cutest thing! That is about all for now. We love you all and we will keep you updated!

3 comments:

Emily said...

You sound busy to me. Life, this time of year, gets busy but not terribly exciting. Or is that just me?

Katrina said...

It's really great that Brad likes his job that is so important to feel really happy and fulfilled. Wow being in R.S. presidency that job still freaks me out. I don't really know why though I have been Primary Pres. for 3 years and nothing can be harder than that right?! Anyways that's really cool that you love it, it is fun to visit with the sisters in the ward, I never seem to have just free time to visit so it's great when you have a reason you need to go.
I'm glad that you have found resources to work with Jacob it makes it so much easier when you don't feel like you are trying to do it all alone.

Stephanie said...

Wow you guys sound so busy! Jacob is so cute, I love his dancing videos!! haha I didn't know about Jacob's situation, I hope the therapies he is doing help!