Sunday, September 6, 2009





A couple days ago I was playing with Jacob in his room. He was saying and doing the cutest things and melting my heart as usual. All of a sudden a wave of emotion just hit me and I was crying. I probably scared the poor kid to death but I could not help it. It hit me that it was no longer just going to be me and him. There is going to be a new baby in the picture and in a way it scares me. It scares me because I am afraid Jacob will feel neglected and even more lonely than he already does sometimes as an only child. I just adore my Jacob and I truly am going to miss my Always Mommy-Jacob time. Things are about to change forever again and I do not know what to expect! I know I will love this little girl just as much but right now its still hard to believe. I know one thing for sure, he is going to be a wonderful brother once he gets used to having her around. And I am excited for him to have siblings to play and grow up with.

5 comments:

Stacey Gataullin said...

aww, lisey, this made me cry!! such darling pictures, and you're such a good mommy! jakey will be a great big brother, and you'll have so much fun with two adorable kiddos. :)

Taylors said...

I think all moms have this fear before the second one comes :). Don't worry, you will be twice as good a mom once the new baby comes, and as you already know, you will have twice the love!

April & Anthony Callison said...

I feel the same way. Like I want to have another kid, but I just can't imagine loving another kid as much as I love Tan-man.

But it's amazing how much LOVE you will have to give - and now share with the two instead of just the one!

Marie said...

I remember thinking the same thing. It's a big adjustment for sure, but a wonderful one! It's amazing to watch your oldest son to assume his position as the oldest, wanting to help and take care of his younger sister. AND something that I ADORE and wasn't expecting to love so much is watching the relationship between my kids. Watching them love and help each other is truly a gift, one that you will grow to love and cherish for sure. I'm so excited for you and I'm hoping things are going well for you in your last few weeks! Good Luck! Love ya!

Momtothreebabies said...

I think all of these beautiful ladies are right! I DEFINTELY felt this way when I was pregnant with marlee. But they are right, you will be twice as good of a mom now! I'll bet now that Chloe is here and you are adjusting to your family life, you see now just how wonderful it is to be a momma of two!!! ;) love you so much and the pictures are soooooo beautiful!