Monday, September 29, 2008

Playtime in the Crib- He asked for it


A few days ago Jacob and I were just hanging around the house as usual. I was doing my best to keep him entertained with toys, puzzles, blocks, baby signing time movies and I went into Jacobs room to get something or put something away and Jacob starts pointing and jabbering at his crib. So I asked him, "Do you want to get in your crib?" And he reacted the way he usually does when he wants something so I put him in the crib and gave him some toys. Little did I know that about 25 minutes later after I had left the room to run around and get some things done, he would still be happily sitting their entertaining himself in his crib! I guess Jacob needs alone time just like mom does sometimes! I thought this was so cute!

Such a funny little boy! I tried to pull him out a couple times and he refused. He just really wanted to play in his crib. He seems to like alone time in his crib a little too much sometimes. I have gone to get him up from naps before and found him just laying in there, happy as can be playing with his stuffed animals and things. Who knows how long he is in there awake sometimes. He never makes a peep!

8 comments:

Tiffanie said...

That is so cute!!!
I can't believe how much Jacob's hair has grown in the last few months. What a cutie!
I'm sooooo happy you have a blog now! Miss you!

Amy said...

Yay Lisa! So so glad you have a blog now! :-)

Emily said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! Jacob is so cute! Heidi is the same way about her crib. I think she's awake for hours in there sometimes. But if I take her out too soon she's really grumpy. She really likes her alone time. I won't complain!

Angie said...

Yay! I'm sooo glad you started a blog! I'd been hoping you would. Now we need to get all the other cousins to start one too. Jacob is such a cutie. It looks like you're doing well. I'm glad we'll be able to stay in touch better now.

Kourtni said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I can't believe how enormous Jacob has gotten since I last hime. Time flies! We miss you guys and I'm so happy we can finally keep in touch with you easier.

Jen said...

Hurray!! It is so fun to see Jacob. He looks so much older. I am so glad that you started a blog.

Summer said...

Yeah for your blog! It's super cute and I'm so jealous that Jacob ASKED to play in his crib! That's unbelievable. :) I'll email you back soon. Our anniversary is tomorrow and I'm planning it this year so I've been a little busy today. Keep up the posting....Jacob looks so old!

Angie said...

I'd LOVE to plan a reunion with you. I think the first thing we need to do is pick 2-3 different dates. We can have everyone vote on which date is best for them and then go from there. Any ideas on dates?